If a work permit application is already in process for a worker, the name change will NOT be permitted. Arrival date must be 6 weeks ahead from the date the change is requested. Employers may request the named worker on a subsequent travel date if a date is open and not filled with a worker who has a work visa. A future LMIA can also be an option to name a particular worker provided housing is available.
CARIBBEAN & MEXICO – EARLY CESSATION OF EMPLOYMENT
Following the completion of trial period and consultation with Government Agent to prematurely cease the Worker’s employment, the Employer must notify the worker a minimum of seven (7) days prior to dismissal except if dismissal is with cause.
URGENT MESSAGE – EMPLOYERS ARE CAUTIONED TO RESTRICT CHANGES TO THEIR LMIA LABOUR PLANS, TO ENSURE WORKERS ARRIVE.
• Caribbean Employment Contract ONLY : The annual Consumer Price Index (CPI) minus -1% (provided the calculation does not fall below zero) will be applied annually to the utility deduction ; the meal deduction; the source country deduction to cover administrative fee; laundry costs (where applicable); and, the recognition payment (where applicable)
• It is now mandatory for employers to provide each worker, prior to, or, on their first day of work, a copy of the Temporary Foreign Worker Your Rights Are Protected document. Applies to all Seasonal Agricultural Workers (plus all other Temporary Foreign Workers).
• It is now mandatory for employers to review with each worker, prior to, or, on their first day of work, the workers terms of employment as offered in the employers LMIA which is covered in the employment contract and the added contract pages (Annex), specific for this purpose. Applies to all Seasonal Agricultural Workers (plus all Temporary Foreign Workers).
• HEALTH CARDS – ServiceOntario offices are now receiving in-person Photo ID Health Card processing for expiring cards to obtain a Photo ID Health Card refer to pages 25-27 plus Mexico’s comments page 7 (if applicable).
• MEXICO only – TRANSFERS AND EARLY REPATRIATIONS
Please notify your consulate if there is an intention to process a transfer or an early repatriation, regardless if it is the worker’s choice or part of the company planning. The Consulates will make sure that each worker acknowledges and approves each transfer or early repatriation.