- Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application – please ensure you check for latest version on F.A.R.M.S. website – only the contacts listed on LMIA application may sign last page of application
- FARMS summary for names/requested dates of workers or alphabetical list by worker last name with worker codes – no need to fill out worker names again on ‘Annex A’ (page 8 of application) if you are submitting the FARMS summary of names
- Government Job Bank advertising www.jobbank.gc.ca plus one other source – mandatory to send copies of Job Bank and secondary ads and dates ad appeared with LMIA
- Approved housing and water sample (for private sources) MUST have an inspection date no longer than 8 months prior to submission of the LMIA application.
- Call F.A.R.M.S. at 1-866-271-0862 to pay the administration fee of $45.00 + $5.85 H.S.T. for a total of $50.85 per worker for direct arrivals and transfers (Ontario Employers). Cancelled vacancies are non-refundable.
- Current documents (LMIA etc) can be found at www.farmsontario.ca
- Fill all forms out completely, sign/witness/date where applicable
- Send LMIA application and all required documents to F.A.R.M.S. 12-14 weeks in advance of arrival date, by fax at 905-568-4175 or email email@example.com
- Have you advertised for at least 14 days in the last 3 months? E.g. kijiji or online job sites, newspaper, local stores or employment centres.
- Did you indicate the names of all sources of advertising, Job Bank number, dates and duration of advertising, and INSERT results on page 7 of the LMIA application?
- Did you include BOTH copies of ads? Do ads state the wage rate, start date, duties, job location, experience/education required/not required, “full time” or at least 40 hours or more per week? (Advice: keep experience requirement to a minimum if experience is needed)
- Does wage rate on ads match your LMIA application?
Please keep in mind that the participating countries and the Canadian immigration offices abroad need additional time to process orders and document workers.