ADVERTISEMENT and RECRUITMENT
The policy of the Canadian government under the Temporary Foreign Work Program is to ensure that all employment opportunities for seasonal agricultural work in Canada are first made available to qualified Canadian citizens and permanent residents, before recourse is made to the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP).
IT IS MANDATORY TO ADVERTISE ON JOB BANK (www.jobbank.gc.ca) PLUS ONE SECONDARY SOURCE OF ADVERTISING
LABOUR MARKET IMPACT ASSESSMENT APPLICATION (LMIA) ESDC EMP5389 (2016-10-018) -
Page 8 - Recruitment and Advertisement
List methods used to recruit Canadian citizens/permanent residents for this job (Job Bank and one other source) and include publication date and expiry date for each ad.
Note: Copies of advertisements must be included with LMIA application. Supporting documentation such as proof of duration in local and national newspapers, or on recognized Internet job sites, and in professional publications, recruitment drives, as well as proof of participation in job fairs, etc., is required by Service Canada.
Please describe how many applications were received from Canadians/permanent residents, how many were interviewed, hired, etc. If you received applications but did NOT contact or interview the applicant, you MUST provide an explanation.
** NOTE: "NO EXPERIENCE" IS NOT A VALID REASON TO REJECT AN APPLICANT
1) 8 out of 10 Labour Market Impact Assessment applications are delayed from one to four weeks due to no ongoing advertising at the time of submitting the application.
2) Employers are encouraged to keep ongoing advertising on the per-chance that they need to place another application due to a worker returning home, a medical condition, crop conditions, transfers, etc.
3) The Job Bank advertisement and the second method of advertising must both have the same information and vacancies on Job bank must match vacancies requested on LMIA.
4) The job duties in both advertisements must be substantially the same as the duties entered on the LMIA application. (Describe the Main Duties/Requirements of the job (In addition to duties, please detail any experience/skill requirements:)
5) The application is delayed further if the advertisement does not contain specific information such as, the wage rate, seasonal full time employment, etc.
PLEASE CALL THE F.A.R.M.S. OFFICE 1-866-271-0862 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR YOU NEED ASSISTANCE PLACING THE JOB BANK ADVERTISEMENT